The first step when shopping for replacement windows in Toronto and other cities is a selection of their type, as well as planning their location, size and convenience in lighting (if there will be the working area around), forms of window frames.
It is necessary to have a competent approach to the choice of the size of the windows. They should be neither large nor small, since in both cases the room will not give a proper sense of comfort and coziness.
- Round headed window is a beautiful element of architecture, which will have a refined look in every room. This type of windows is used in old buildings with cathedral ceilings.
- Trapezoidal window has also very interesting form and is widely used in the attic and usually makes your house look more elegant.
- Triangular window is a very exclusive element, which also can be used in the attic in conjunction with the trapezoidal window on both sides of it. Also it can be widely used as dormer window.
- Round window is a very interesting element that can be used in the bathroom or in any other room and will make the atmosphere in your house sophisticated. Also in the kid's room is will look absolutely to the point. There is a famous type of round window that is called a rose and was used in churches and cathedrals of Gothic style in Northern France.
- Bay window is a very useful option if you want to create more space in your room and your window will be big and elegant. Bay windows are often uses in Baroque and Gothic architecture.
If we are talking about of window opening, then there are several types depending on the type of accessories:
- Fixed window. It is understandable that it costs much cheaper than any other, but it is less convenient. And you can not ventilate the room and washing it is the whole problem.
- Window with turning opening. The traditional method to open the flaps inside or outside the room.
- Fanlight window. It opens in a folding way. More often of course doors are opening downward, but in some cases for example in office buildings the opposite construction is used.
- Tilt and turn windows. This is the most popular option that buyers are selecting when purchasing the vinyl windows. The window can be opened both vertically and horizontally. Everything you need to do is properly turn the handle.
- Center-hung swivel window allows to open the flap at 180 degrees about the axis in the middle of the window, both horizontally and vertically. It is really popular to install round center-hung swivel windows in the attic, that will make the house look mysterious.