The first thing I did on Wayfair.ca was to search brass (gold) and glass coffee tables. Remember it's on my 2016 project list? Yes, I am trying to get my head into the game and have a head start on this year's decor projects. Procrastination will no longer be my middle name.
My living room is almost square-shaped, and I want the furnishing to be centred around the fireplace, so it makes sense to get a square or round coffee table. I also really love a two-tiered construction. As you could see from the picture below, the coffee table I made over last year still didn't quite work for the room - not only does it look lonely in a big space, it also doesn't seem to belong, style-wise.
So here's a roundup of all the brass (gold) and glass coffee tables I like, most of which are available on Wayfair.ca.
1. Harlan Square Coffee Table: this is a strong contender now due to its less than $300 price tag. It's a tad too small though (only 36" x 36") and I can't say I completely love the brushed gold finish.
2. Hayward Coffee Table by Interlude.
3. Vitya Coffee Table by Uttermost.
4. Laurence Coffee Table by Pangea Home: LOVE the base and that it's two-tiered, but it's rectangular in shape.
5. Mieka Coffee Table by Safavieh: this is my #1 choice for the time being. It has everything I was looking for: square in shape, gold-leafed frame with two-tiered glass table tops. I just need to convince myself that if I end up spending $1200 on a coffee table, I will love it for a long time.
6. Scalinatella Cocktail Table by Jonathan Adler.
7. Henzler Coffee Table by Uttermost: love it but again it's rectangular.
8. Jasmine Coffee Table by Nuevo.
9. Inga Coffee Table by Safavieh.
So which one is your favourite?
A while ago I saw this bench at HomeSense, and I had to fight the urge to buy it. Faux bamboo everything, to me, seemed to be a just phase on my decor journey that I already moved past. I knew I would end up returning it.
Gorgeous I know.
And then on this past Boxing Day I found this velvet tufted bench in Louis style, and it came home with me. I am not crazy about the distressed paint job on the legs though, so I will have to repaint them someday, maybe in black or charcoal grey?