So here is the home office progress part II. The color combination from the "Chungking Express" poster (an Amélie-alike romantic cliché) seems to work in the space, but I could only find one movie poster that looks so nice (and from a movie I actually like). I need a second one on the other side of the window wall. Yes, in addition to being a neat freak, I also a lover of symmetry.
|Click on the image to enlarge|
And this is the white Billy Bookcases we put together. I think I am going to add crown moulding and baseboard to dress them up.
This is a not so pretty corner of the office. A wall gallery will go up on this wall. I am yet to find a library/lounge chair that's small yet comfortable enough to sink in for a long read (or phone call). Any suggestions?
Here is a list of things that still need to be done before this project can be wrapped up:
- Change the lighting fixture (still searching);
- Take stuff out of the basement and fill the bookcases;
- Possibly add moulding to the bookcases for a more integrated look;
- Put up a gallery wall;
- Find a comfortable armchair that's upholstered in white, cream or light grey;
- Finish a couple of beach-themed display boxes.
Have a great long weekend everyone!