1. Make spiced apple cider. I am looking forward to making this delicious and festive apple cider when entertaining friends and family. Who doesn't love a hot cup of apple cider when it's sub-zero outside? It's definitely going to be a crowd-pleaser.
|A Beautiful Mess|
2. Have some "me" time. By that, I mean having some alone time with hubs over a snifter of Cognac. Do you believe Cognac is making a comeback? Or something so classic should never go out of style.
3. Sleep in. This is something that we are both most looking forward to. No more setting alarms on our phones; no more waking up in the middle of night worrying we might miss a flight.
4. Do a watchathon. There are so many shows I can think of: Arrested Development which is one of my favourite comedies of all times.
And maybe Breaking Bad again and 24.
5. Read some books. I am almost done with the entire Outlander series, and I so want to finish reading them before the end of the year.
6. Go back to our favourite restaurants. We have a long list of restaurants we haven't been to for a while that we want to go back to. Auberge du Pommier is among the first that comes to mind. We went there almost once a month when we were dating and lived in the area. Good memories.
7. Shopping. We can't go on a staycation without helping our local retailers, can we? Although this means mostly online shopping for me.
8. Go on a ski trip. Since we can't get rid of snow, we might as well embrace it. Blue Mountain Ski Resort is less than 2 hours away for most Torontonians, so let's head out there and have some fun on those slopes.
What do you think? Do you have a staycation plan?