- Replace all the floor tiles with 12x24 porcelain tiles. With the traffic this room might get, natural marble like Carrara probably wouldn't be an ideal material.
- Replace all the tub shower enclosure walls and ceiling with mosaic tiles, and I have the bold wide stripe patterns in mind as pictured.
- Paint the existing vanity cabinets in grey shades such as Sarah Richardson's Herringbone.
- Replace the vanity countertop with Corian's Rain Cloud or similar quartz material. Again, in anticipation of the high traffic, I opt for materials that require least ongoing upkeep.
- Replace all the bathroom hardware and faucets.
I expect this bathroom project to be a short and sweet one, so perhaps I can squeeze it in November before we take off for our Christmas vacation.
In addition, I also plan to complete the following projects within the next few months:
- Add some DIY artworks to the foyer walls along the staircase: I just ordered the canvases so I can't wait to put my creative mind back to work.
- Decorate the second guest bedroom on the second floor.
- Accessorize the dining room.
- Accessorize the wall built-in unit in the basement.
What's on your radar this summer?