So after some research online I've come up with this super easy recipe to turn ripe Forelle pears into a healthy and delicious summer desert. It's a great way to get some fussy eaters in your home to have their daily servings of fruit.
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cook time: 5 minutes.
- 6 ripe Forelle or D'Anjou Pears. I threw in 1 apple just for flavour but you can skip it.
- Core and dice the pears, add 100ml of water or OJ and puree them in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into a sauce pan over medium heat, and gradually dissolve in 50g of gelatin powder (or pectin or alga). Optional: you can also add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and a pinch of cinnamon to add flavour. I skipped the sugar because the Forelle Pears are very sweet to start with.
- Heat the mixture until the texture is consistent for about 5 minutes without bringing it to a boil.
- Pour it into a jello mold for cooling, fridge it for a couple of hours and you are done.