AM Dolce Vita's 2012 Recap
Clockwise from top left:
- In late April we started our master bathroom renovation. It took almost double the amount of time we had anticipated though thankfully we managed to only go slightly over budget. Being one of the most unpredictable renovations (i.e. until you rip open the walls and subfloors and expose all the plumbing and wiring), a bathroom project has a lot of hidden cost and work behind walls and underneath shiny finishes.
- Immediately after our master bathroom project, we had the same contractor re-tile our foyer. You can read more about the debacle and why we had to have the floor tiled twice (using different tiles) within a week.
- A pretty new pillow for our foyer, part of my foyer project going into 2013.
- I can finally call our living room redesign complete. This is one of the most time-consuming decor projects involving a lot of change of minds along the way.
- Our 2012 gold-silver Christmas Tree.
- New kitchen art: framed Alanna Cavanagh's limited edition tea towel. This is probably my favourite in 2012.
- Our 2012 Christmas Mantel, a complete DIY project by yours truly.
- New West Elm vases for our master bedroom.
- And last but not least, our main bathroom redo in October. I actually think I like this bathroom more than our master ensuite for its practicality.
So what were your favourite projects (that you are proud of) in 2012?
Happy New Year everyone!