Bio-Life is a Shoppers Drug Mart's private-label brand to match its product line rivalry Method. Since Bio-Life hit the market in 2007, SDM has continued to improve its effectiveness while remaining phosphate-free and biodegradable. I was skeptical at the beginning, but in the past couple of years I have switched almost every single household cleaners to green products.
I am glad to report that the Bio-Life Tub and Tile Cleaner has become my ultimate shower cleaner for the following reasons:
- The "Pear Violet" smells divine during spray and leaves behind a lingering fresh scent. I've tried numerous cleaners before and none of them are as easy on my nose.
- It's efficient: a few sprays will cover pretty large area. The label says to spray and wipe clean, but I find rinsing leaves less streaks behind.
- It's powerful: soap scum and hard water stains melt away upon contact. Water hardness is pretty high (121+ mg/L) in the most parts of Ontario, so hard water stains build up much faster in shower. This cleaner helps keep the shower fixtures and glass in my bathroom sparkly in between major cleanings.
- It's versatile: I have both marble and ceramic tiles in my shower, and this cleaner won't erode natural stone surface.
- It's priced well: retails for under $5 and it often goes on sale for $2.99.
I wish I took a "Before" picture (you probably don't want to see it anyway...it's gross) of our stained shower faucet, but this is how clean it gets after a couple of sprays and tiny bit of elbow grease.
Bio-Life All-Purchase Surface Cleaner is another one that I really like. Its Mango Tangerine scent smells so natural, and it can pretty much clean any surface.