I have been thinking about my 2013 goals and to-do list since before the new year. I am in general very organized (in my head) but I am not the type that comes up with a new year resolution because I know I would be terrible at sticking to it. Work and other priorities always got in the way and change of course was inevitable. I however have a few things I'd like to get done this coming year.
1. Join a gym: we have a pretty active lifestyle as is but I think we can work out more. Three people I work with are triathletes and they seem to have an endless amount of energy. I would never dream of becoming even half an iron man but I would like to have a higher stamina for my demanding and stressful job, and I truly believe a more sustained energy level throughout the day can give me a higher level of mental alertness. Workout is also a good way to blow off some steam.
2. Find a long-term housekeeper: our housekeeper retired two years ago and we've since been at a loss. I've tried a few different ones and had cleaning ladies over a couple of times a month to clean our place, but it's just not the same as our old housekeeper. While I accept the fact that I wouldn't be able to clone her, I do need to try harder and find someone that we could keep on a longer-term basis. At the end of the day, trust takes time to build and perhaps I haven't been all that patient with others.
Home front, since we wrapped up most of the major renovations, I can now focus more on decorating (or redecorating) some rooms.
1. Pick a new lighting fixture for the dining room: though I am not anywhere closer to lock down on a certain one, I am thinking something like this might do. I used the Photoshop for the mock-up.
2. Continue to transform the foyer: this is yet again another Photoshop mock-up. I still like the painted staircase on the right and may even paint the entire foyer in the same antique white paint. I've also commissioned an oil painting so hopefully it will work in the space.
3. Finish accessorizing the wall built-in unit in the basement: my DVD and book collections are quickly eating up the shelf space. I am thinking perhaps I need to go with a theme, say nautical since I have so many pieces of corals.
4. Decide what to do with this guest bedroom: other than the striped curtains, this room is essentially a blank canvas. I will need to decide what I want to do with it soon. ;-)
That's about all the projects I can think of now but it doesn't mean others won't pop up along the way (and they always do). The list is not long but they nonetheless are very time consuming. Decision-making is the toughest part of any decorating projects.
So have you compiled your 2013 project list? Do share!