Our 2012 Christmas Tree in the foyer, just over 7ft tall.
Our 2012 Christmas Tree from the foyer mirror
Tree Topper: I started this year's gold-silver themed tree because of it.
From another angle facing the front door.
So here's what I learnt from the Style At Home November issue but really, there's no rule when it comes to decorating your Christmas tree.
- If your tree doesn't come prelit, the rule of thumb is 80-100 lights per foot.
- From top to bottom: start by hanging ornaments from the top.
- From big to small: hang the bigger ornaments first, evenly distribute them across all sections of the tree, then move on to medium then small-sized ornaments.
- Hang ornaments with special meaning to you and your family (e.g. baby's picture, clay palm print, etc.) at the eye level section.
- Evenly distribute shiny and matte objects.
- Wrap the tree with bead chains, garlands and/or ribbons.